Who are we?
We’re a constituted group for the social benefit of residents aged 18+ living in the local area. Good Neighbour Schemes are run by local volunteers who provide day to day support for other residents who may need help on an occasional basis.
Basically, think of your ideal neighbour; a person you can trust to help just a little bit when you need it – that’s us!
What do we do?
The sorts of tasks we undertake include:
• Driving people to medical appointments and social events
• Collecting prescriptions
• Taking someone shopping
• Popping in for a chat
• Helping with forms and letters
• Small household tasks, such as changing a lightbulb or watering plants
All of our Volunteers are fully vetted, DBS Checked and carry photo ID.
What don't we do?
We are not:
• a replacement for paid labour (we only help out as a good neighbour would)
• an emergency service (although in a crisis we will try to help if we can)
• able to provide personal care
Our Mission Statement
The Gosberton and Quadring Good Neighbour Scheme aims to improve quality of life within our community by helping people over the age of 18 with the sort of tasks that neighbours would lend a hand with. Enabling people to cope when things are difficult, access services and appointments which might otherwise be inaccessible and overcome loneliness. It does this by drawing on the goodwill of volunteers.